AN EXTRAORDINARY PROTECTION
PROTECT, an exclusive line of extremely high performance antimicrobial floor and wall tiles, designed for healthy, safe and protected living spaces.
To ultimately live in spaces and on surfaces with absolute freedom and peace of mind.
Besides being beautiful and remarkably resistant, PROTECT antimicrobial surfaces have been created with Microban® technology, developed by the world leader in the sector: a true antimicrobial shield built into the ceramic product that eliminates up to 99.9% of bacteria on the surface. The result is a surface which is consistently protected, with high levels of hygiene, unalterable from wear and tear and climatic conditions.
EVERYBODY CHOSES PROTECT
Protect is the perfect answer in any situation and for everybody, both adults and children. In any space Protect allows you to enjoy, with absolute freedom, your life on the ground. But not only. In kindergarten, nursery, entertainment Centres, schools, where children spend most of their time crawling and playing, and in spaces wih large numbers of people like airports, sports centers, gyms, hospitals where preventing bacteria growth is key for everybody’s wellness.
To view the stunning range of Trilogy exclusive to the Tile Depot with [Protect} Microban technology please click here.
1. What is Microban® silver antimicrobial technology?
2. Is Microban® silver antimicrobial technology for ceramic tiles always active?
3. Can Microban® silver antimicrobial technology be applied to tiles of any color?
4. Which micro-organisms is Microban® protection effective against?
5. Is the action of Microban® antimicrobial technology permanent on the tile surfaces?
6. Does Microban® protection begin working immediately?
7. Does Microban® protection wear away over time?
8. What is the main advantage provided Microban® antimicrobial protection?
9. Is Microban® protection safe?
10. Are ceramic tiles naturally resistant to bacteria?
11. Do you still need to clean ceramic tiles if they have Microban® protection?
12. Is it easy to clean Microban®/Panariagroup products?
13. Is it necessary to follow particular precautions when installing products with Microban® protection?
14. How does Microban® antimicrobial protection differ from disinfectants?
15. Can antimicrobial tiles contribute to generate resistant strains of bacteria?
1. What is Microban® silver antimicrobial technology? Microban® is an active antimicrobial ‘ingredient’ that can be added to a wide range of consumer, industrial and medical products to prevent the growth of bacteria on the surface of the item. As it is integrated at the point of manufacture it offers a long-term solution to the prevention of bacterial growth, reducing the risk of cross-contamination. The technology developed by Microban® and Panariagroup on the porcelain tiles and slabs is silver-based.
2. Is Microban® silver antimicrobial technology for ceramic tiles always active? Yes - Microban® silver antimicrobial technology developed for ceramic tiles offers continous antimicrobial protection, day and night, 24/7, with or without sunlightand does not require UV light to be effective (unlike other technologies).
3. Can Microban® silver antimicrobial technology be applied to tiles of any color? Yes - Microban® silver antimicrobial technology does not alter or whiten the original color of the ceramic surface (unlike other technologies), and can therefore be applied onto any colored tiles even the darker ones.
4. Which micro-organisms is Microban® protection effective against? The Microban® antimicrobial additive developed for ceramic tiles is effective against a range of gram positive and gram negative bacteria such as Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Klebsiella pneumonia.
5. Is the action of Microban® antimicrobial technology permanent on the tile surfaces? Yes - The Microban® protection developed for Panariagroup is not an organic based treatment applied to finished products (such as in the case of waxes or resins), but is permanently integrated onto the tile surface during the industrial firing process. Therefore, it can’t be washed away or consumed.
6. Does Microban® protection begin working immediately? Yes – Microban® protection works continuously, as soon as bacteria and germs come into contact with the surface of the tile, Microban® product protection immediately stops the growth and reproduction cycle. Since they are unable to grow or reproduce - the tile surface stays cleaner for longer.
7. Does Microban® protection wear away over time? No - Microban® active ingredients are incorporated into the tile surface during the manufacturing process. Evenly distributed throughout the surface Microban® actively protects the entire surface area throughout the entire lifecycle of the product.
8. What is the main advantage provided Microban® antimicrobial protection? Microban® technology, together with regular cleaning operations, contributes to improved hygiene levels and reduces the risk of cross-contamination, and ensures an additional level of protection in any environment. Microban® protection displays a continuous action against the growth of bacteria that cause biofilms, odours and cross contamination. Microban® provides targeted protection, focusing where it most benefits consumers.
9. Is Microban® protection safe? Yes - The antimicrobial technology used in Panariagroup ceramic tiles has a long history of safe use and can be found in a breadth of consumer, industrial and healthcare products – such as toothpaste, water filters, stationery items and more. The Microban® antimicrobial active used in Panariagroup tiles is listed in Europe in the Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR) No 528/2012 and has undergone extensive independent laboratory testing.
10. Are ceramic tiles naturally resistant to bacteria? No - Even though ceramic tiles consist of a non-porous surface, which provides an important benefit in keeping bacteria from penetrating into the tile, bacteria can still multiply and grow on the surface. As it is built into the tile surface - Microban® antimicrobial technology is designed to help prevent the growth of bacteria on the surface of the ceramic tile, where it is needed most.
11. Do you still need to clean ceramic tiles if they have Microban® protection? Yes - Microban® protection is not a substitute for a thorough cleaning routine. Microban® silver technology provides an added level of hygiene protection that helps fight the growth of harmful bacteria and prevent cross-contamination.
12. Is it easy to clean Microban®/Panariagroup products? Yes, cleaning is easy as indicated on the general catalog. As action of the active agents of Microban® happens on the surface of the tile, it is important not to use any cleaning products that create a film that would block the contact between the tile and the bacteria. Therefore it is important while cleaning not to use detergents that contain waxes or coating products, rinse well and do not apply resin, waxes or protective agents.
13. Is it necessary to follow particular precautions when installing products with Microban® protection? No – Microban® products are installed in the same manner as other tiles, following the procedures in force in various countries and described in the installation rules and Technical Manuals of Panariagroup.
14. How does Microban® antimicrobial protection differ from disinfectants? Disinfectants and detergents are an instant but short term solution that provides only a limited residual activity once the treated surface dries. Bacteria can then very quickly start to grow and reproduce. On the other hand Microban® antimicrobial additives guarantee long lasting protection, continuously working to prevent the growth of bacteria everyday and throughout the entire lifecycle of the product.
15. Can antimicrobial tiles contribute to generate resistant strains of bacteria? Dangers from resistant strains of bacteria are primarily related to antibiotic resistance in which bacteria no longer respond to a specific antibiotic. Microban® antimicrobial additives are not antibiotics. They have multiple targets and modes of action on the bacteria (unlike the majority of antibiotics which are target specific). This reduces the risk of potential resistant strain development.